Clinical LeadsFixed term appointment - 1 year (Subject to satisfactory annual review, this post will extended for a total period of 3 years)1 Programmed Activity per week
As part of revised clinical leadership arrangements, the Scheduled Care team is seeking to appoint to the following Clinical Lead roles:
- Clinical Lead, Neurology
- Clinical Lead, Rheumatology
- Clinical Lead, Pain
- Clinical Lead, Plastics
- Clinical Lead, Breast
- Clinical Lead, Ophthalmology
- Clinical Lead, Haematology
- Clinical Lead, Microbiology
These posts will form a team of clinical leads to support the Clinical Directors in Ambulatory Medicine, Ambulatory Surgery and Labs and Radiology to deliver a whole system approach to person centred care.
The post holders will have responsibility for taking a clinical overview of their services and working with management to support the clinical management of the medical workforce, including trainees, so that organisational priorities including the local delivery plan, the quality, healthcare and other strategies are delivered. As well as ensuring trainees training needs are met they will ensure trainees compliance with local policies including with the Junior Doctors Contract.
As a member of the Directorate Management team, the Clinical Lead will work collaboratively to provide support in the day to day running of his / her area of responsibility.
Key results areas will include performance management, clinical leadership, clinical quality, risk management and service management. Specifically, the Clinical Lead will:
- provide leadership in conjunction with Clinical Director / Service / Operational Managers and Specialty Leads.
- take joint responsibility for the delivery of clinical governance, working closely with colleagues to ensure agreed SPA objectives are monitored
- work collaboratively to ensure effective multi disciplinary working within the service to deliver improved
- Clinical performance
- Financial performance
- Operational performance
- ensure the annual job planning process is supported and that team discussions are prioritised
- in conjunction with the Clinical Director / Service Manager / Operational Manager, ensure that all clinical staff have a Personal Development Plan and annual appraisal and are in turn supported to meet revalidation requirements.
- Take responsibility for junior doctor contract of employment compliance
This is a fixed term post and will be subject to annual review, during which discussion job description content will be reviewed.
Enquiries should be directed to Dr Sara Else, Associate Medical Director for Scheduled Care, Dr Santosh Salunke, Clinical Director for Ambulatory Medicine, Mr Christopher Cartilidge, Clinical Director for Ambulatory Surgery, Dr Katherine Robertson, Clinical Director for Labs and Radiology or Mr Richard Bell, Service Manager for Ambulatory, Diagnostics and Theatres.
Applications in the form of a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a written statement in support of your application should be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date of 23:59
on 7th November