Start Date: January 2022 (subject to DBS being returned)
Early Birds Nursery, part of Richmond Academy have a truly fantastic opportunity for a Nursery Teacher to join us, starting in January 2022 (or sooner if possible). Take a look at our Nursery.
It is well recognised that children learn and develop best in caring, supportive environments which respond to their individual needs, allowing them to play and explore. Therefore we are looking for someone with a strong understanding of building a nurturing, creative and enabling environments, both indoors and outdoors to support children's learning and development.
This post if for qualified teachers only, you will be responsible for:
- The care and education of the children, exemplifying good practice and being a good role model
- The safety and welfare of the children in the rooms at all times.
- To provide a dynamic, active learning environment for the children on a day-to-day basis.
- Through reflective observations, support, monitor and recommend improvements for quality in all working areas.
- You will be expected to be aware of and comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
If you are:
- Open to collaboration with colleagues
- Willing to develop and nurture strong relationships with children
- Eager to embrace technology and new skills in your teaching practice
- Enthusiastic about CPD and training
We would love to hear from you!
Richmond Academy, is part of The Stour Academy Trust, who recognise and value that staff work tirelessly as both individuals and as members of a team, to provide an outstanding standard of education and improve the life chances for all children. Our staff are committed, passionate and go the extra mile in order to drive standards in our pursuit for excellence.
Take a look at just some of our pledges to our teachers:
- An additional day's paid leave per academic year**
- Staff not expected to respond to e-mails after 6.00pm or at weekends
- Free confidential counselling
- Teachers not expected to create lengthy plans
- Emphasis on 'live marking' and using TAs to lessen the volume of marking outside of lessons
- A maximum of six scheduled meetings per term
*This is at the discretion of the Headteacher, professional development will always be seen as a priority.
**After the completion of two years' continuous service
Our Facebook pages and website are regularly updated and will give you an excellent idea of what life at Richmond is like every day but we would love to welcome you to visit our nursery. Please get in touch with the office to arrange a visit!
Our school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that references will be requested prior to interview, at least one reference must be from your most recent employer.
Candidates who are invited for interview will be required to bring with them photo ID (either a valid driving licence or passport)
Closing Date: 14/10/2021 at 10:00
Interviews: wb 18 Oct - subject to references being returned
Information about the school
Richmond Academy is a large 2 form entry Primary School in Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey. The school is undergoing an enriching transformation under the 'strong and inspirational leadership' of The Stour Academy Trust. The school was recently inspected by Ofsted (February 2019) where it was highlighted that "Officers and trustees of The Stour Academy Trust have high expectations and are relentless in securing the necessary improvements. They are systematically reversing past weaknesses and creating a culture of achievement in the school."
Working in a collaborative model, Richmond Academy is part of the Swale Hub of the Trust, joining two further Swale schools, Thistle Hill Academy and Lansdowne Primary School. All Academies in the Trust share the same core values and ethos; raise standards and address under performance whilst making sure that the children are at the heart of every decision. Through the effective use of Hubs, the Trust's aim and ambition is to create a network of outstanding schools that thrive through collaboration and interaction.
The recent Ofsted report also highlighted,"The headteacher has brought stability and a renewed sense of ambition to the school. She has won the confidence of staff, pupils and many parents with her clarity of vision and openness."
Join a supportive and collaborative network of staff at The Stour Academy Trust.
We can offer all successful applicants:
- Opportunity to move to other schools within the Trust
- Full induction process
- Ever evolving work-life balance package
- Support from a network of experienced staff
- Excellent career development opportunities
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.