Trainer/ Skills Coach Residential Child Care
Due to growth I am now recruiting for a national Training Provider who are rated as GOOD by Ofsted. We are looking to recruit a Trainer/Assessor with experience in coaching and assessing Residential Child Care Apprenticeship Programmes.
This is working remotely with minimal travel
The role comes with an excellent salary, benefits, and genuine career opportunities
• Starting salary of £28000
• 25 days+ bank holidays
• Company laptop, mobile, Printer
• Supportive management culture
This role is going to focus on delivering the set standards for the Residential Child Care Apprenticeships which include the level 5 Children and Young Peoples Manager and the level 4 Children and Young People Practitioner.
Summary of the main duties and responsibilities of Trainer/Assessor- will include:
• To deliver engaging teaching and learning sessions through a blended delivery including remote and face to work
• Supporting learners undertaking Apprenticeship Qualifications in Residential child care to level 5
• Marking and assessing course work and providing constructive support and feedback to the learner
• Guide and support learners as to required evidence to complete learning programmes and build portfolios.
• Providing information and guidance to the learner during their apprenticeship
• Working to specific quality and completion of targets
• To complete progress reviews within the specified time limits setting clear SMART targets with employer involvement.
• Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
• Supporting and guiding the learner through to End Point Assessment
• To provide a friendly and supportive service to students, using a range of communication media
• To provide support to the learners through a variety of platforms to include face to face, telephone, email, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, and online learning platforms
• To work within the framework set out by Awarding Bodies or other accrediting agencies, including verification and moderation systems, whether set internally or externally
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required for the Residential Child Care Trainer/Skills Coach
• Ideally be Assessor qualified, A1, TAQA, CAVA, however the client is willing to put the successful candidate through the Award
• Recognised teaching qualification e.g. PTTLS, Award in Education and Training or be prepared to work towards, which the company will pay for
• Minimum of level 3 qualifications in Residential Care- ideally working towards level 5
• Vocational competence ideally at Supervisory or Management level in Residential Child Care
• Experience in delivering and assessing Apprenticeship Programmes in Residential Child Care to level 5 would be highly desirable
• Excellent IT Skills and proficient in using E-Portfolio's and Online Learning and Assessment platforms
• Experience in using Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Skype is highly desirable
This position is being managed by Pertemps Work Based Learning and Skills Division.