Kenneth Brian Associates are working with an established business based in Redhill who are looking for a Payroller to join their exciting team on a 9 month fixed term contract. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience within a similar role with a working knowledge of Sage Payroll although this is not essential.
- Manage the monthly payroll processes for one payroll of c320 employees, this will involve:-
- Manage all normal payroll account transactions including payment of; salaries, commissions, overtime, bonus, allowances and company sick pay.
- Manage all deductions including, attachment of earnings, taxes and benefit third party payments.
- Ensure the accurate processing of starters, pay changes & leavers, accurately calculating pro-rata payments.
- Manage payroll tax tasks including P45s, P60s, P11ds and monthly HMRC reporting
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Maintain accurate records of all changes made to payroll and prepare reports as necessary
- Undertake payroll error checking and provide payroll reports to the inance team as part of the pre-commit process to ensure that payroll queries are handled before the BACs run is prepared.
- Oversee any payroll system upgrades and integrations with the HR systems to ensure the smooth data flow of information in and out of payroll.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Collaborate with People team colleagues, IT support team and accounting teams
- Resolve payroll issues and answer payroll-related queries promptly and sensitively
- Administer the contributory pension scheme, group income protection, group life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes e.g. childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme.
- least 5 years previous experience of managing a payroll and other payroll colleagues.
- Previous experience using Sage payroll software and an ability to download and manipulate data providing reports and analysis.
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- A team player who is able to work under pressure and under own initiative, meeting monthly deadlines.
- Current knowledge of UK payroll procedures and related legislation
- Excellent Excel skills
- A keen eye for detail
- An understanding of pensions, in particular auto-enrolment is essential.
- Professional payroll certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is desirable but experience is more important