Sourcing and Planning Manager - NPI (Concept and Prototype Stage)
Global Consumer Electronics and Entertainment Brand
£70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus + Competitive Package
Central London based/flexible - opportunity to join a hugely successful and rapidly growing business!
This exciting company is famed for having a truly pioneering and forward-thinking approach to entertainment, health and wellbeing. Always at the forefront of innovation, they continue to challenge themselves to bring new and exciting technology to the market to enhance their customers' experience. Because of this, they are responding to ever more demanding projects and looking to hire a supply chain professional to focus on their prototype development.
Sourcing and Planning Manager - NPI
This position is a pivotal role between several key business areas involved in new product launches. Working with; Engineering, Planning, Product Design, Global Procurement and Contract Manufacturing, this position will ensure that NPI materials are readily available for all stages of the prototyping and concept phase. The Sourcing and Planning Manager will identify and work with tier 1 suppliers to ensure there is a steady flow of materials and help to eradicate logistical challenges. They will be working with the global procurement and engineering teams to help identify new far east suppliers in line with spec requirements and availability. They will help manage sourcing processes as the team scale up their launches with an aggressive target by Q2 2022.
Skills and Experience
This role is critical to the success of future product launches and ensuring a steady and sustainable component and materials flow at concept stage - therefore the below skills and experience are a must have:
- Sourcing and Planning experience: We are looking to speak to supply chain professionals with prior experience ensuring component availability through sourcing and planning
- Problem solving skills: This business is hugely successful and growing at a rapid rate - because of this we are looking for someone who is proactive and can fix situations when a problem arises - the product is highly innovative, and the problems can be complex!
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: With so many different business units to juggle, we want someone who is a people person - good at managing all different types and levels of stakeholders, with the gravitas to keep everything on track and consistent but at the same time highly collaborative and focused on quality for the end product
- A track record in delivery: With so many new products to launch - applicants must be able to showcase delivery in a fast-paced NPI sourcing role
- Experience in electronic consumer goods: We want sourcing professionals who know this industry so they can leverage off their existing knowledge and experience
- Deep technical knowledge: this is an extremely fast paced environment, therefore applicants need to understand engineering spec requirements and be able to deliver
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning business at an extremely exciting time. This role will be the key for future product launches, so we need to speak with candidates up for a challenge and capable of dealing with some complex problems. If you think this sounds like you then click apply now or send your CV direct to Declan at
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.