Configuration Manager required by a hugely reputable client based in Portsmouth, to construct and maintain a Capability/System Configuration Management strategy. As Configuration Manager you will have extensive hands-on experience of configuration management within a systems engineering Technology Company. You'll be tasked with ensuring all releases and build processes are accurately documented and are reported through the approved toolset, referencing industry best practice and supporting the use of industry standard design methodologies including Agile.
The successful Configuration Manager will define, deploy and implement the system configuration management policy, along with the processes behind the policy and thereafter provide Configuration Management expertise across the programme in line with corporate policies.Some of the main duties of the Configuration Manager will include:
What experience you need to be the successful Configuration Manager:
- Identity CM requirements that cover the system, hardware, software and data/info requirements.
- Responsible for conducting Configuration Reviews to include but not limited to requirements, problem reports, defects and bug reports.
- Collaborate with the project design / build team in support of multiple, concurrent configuration baselines in line with the CM Plan.
- Organisation of Change Review Boards (CRBs);
- Oversee the delivery of software applications in test and deployment environments;
- Administration of Project Management Registers, e.g. actions, issues, decisions, assumptions, dependencies, changes, problems, hardware assets;
- Advising / training / supporting project members in performing correct Configuration Management processes;
- Technical management of Project Support Office (PSO) staff involved in delivering Configuration Management services.
- Experienced CM practitioner in all hardware and software CM related disciplines, including Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, CM Audits, Baseline Management, Software Configuration Management, CM database requirements and as-built management.
- Experience of the application and use of Atlassian & JIRA toolset.
- Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of system engineering skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Awareness of TOGAF / ITIL (or equivalent) framework
- Demonstrates understanding of the system/product engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focussed, commercially successful organisation.
This an incredible opportunity for a Configuration Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.