Our client is a hugely successful and award-winning company that develops high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. They are looking to acquire the services of a highly proficient Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their development team at their site near Kidlington. Reporting to the Hardware Development Manager you will form part of the team creating industry-leading hardware products.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is a world leader in their field. In return for your hard work and dedication, the company offers variety and recognition, a generous pension scheme, life and medical cover among other great benefits.Main Responsibilities
- Mechanical design of a range of products including high-speed cameras, calibration and tracking objects & accessories, test jigs and fixtures and IP rated enclosures, using 3D CAD
- Assisting hardware and software teams in the creation of high performing and cost-effective solutions
- Develop cost-effective, manufacturable solutions based on required function and forecast unit quantities
- Management of technical sub-contractors, including the research into new technologies and services
- Full product lifecycle involvement from early conceptual studies through to manufacture, including the initiating and carrying out of test procedures necessary to promote new designs
- Use of peer reviews to catch design issues
- Working alongside, and sometimes leading, teams comprising of electronic, mechanical and software design engineers in the creation of high performing and cost-effective solutions
- Ensuring designs meet appropriate regulatory compliance
- Full product lifecycle involvement from early conceptual studies through to manufacturing support post-release
- Suitable candidates will be educated to degree level in design/engineering (or close equivalent) with an emphasis on industrial design and will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the industry
- Good attention to detail and a firm understanding of drawing standards, GD&Ts and revision control, plus the creation and maintenance of BOMs and COGs
- Experience in a range of metal and plastics manufacturing techniques for both rapid prototyping and production, along with coatings and finishes
- An outgoing, confident and self-propelled candidate that will be a great fit within the small and highly experienced team of engineers
- Experience with incorporating PCBs in mechanical designs is highly desirable, with the right candidate being able to demonstrate the challenges associated
- Design experience of thermal management and the design and testing of IP rated enclosures and solutions would be strongly advantageous
- Must have experience of using CAD (preferably Solidworks) for concept design, through individual component design to full assembly interaction and study of implications of fit and function
- Experience in developing products for manufacture with an emphasis on DFM/DFA
- Use of FMEA to improve product quality
- The working week is 37.5 hours with the core hours being between 9.30 am - 4 pm.
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period to . You can also call Matt Hartwell
on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.