We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced claims professional to join our Agriculture business as a Senior Claims Handler. This is a full time, permanent position working from either our Darlington or Knaresborough office (flexibility on home working is an option).
Geo Agriculture is presently going through a rapid period of growth, providing some excellent development opportunities and options for study support.
About the opportunity:
To assists the Claims Manager in developing the technical capability of the claims team to provide an efficient claims service, ensuring that company policy, procedure and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Assists Claims Manager in the development of the technical capability of the claims team, which may include conducting performance development and competency reviews and assisting in the recruitment process.
- Ensure effective and economic resolution of all claims handled within the unit, providing a technically efficient and accurate service.
- Handle claims up to own authority levels and manage referrals from team members, offering technical coaching and guidance where appropriate.
- Deal effectively and efficiently with complaints.
- Contribute to the technical, legal and market developments via use of e learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with company training and competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the groups' procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the company.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Proactively maintains personal technical knowledge and competency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication
Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible benefits
- Study support options available
- Progression opportunities throughout the Group