Our client based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire is looking to recruit a Raw Materials Buyer for a permanent position.Role Summary:
The Buyer will be responsible to develop the supply base to meet specification, quality, inventory, delivery and cost objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for managing new product sourcing and resourcing, supplier negotiations (price and terms & conditions), manage the supply base, contract management, cost avoidance, and cost down initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Engineering and Development to drive procurement activities, supplier negotiation and cost projections for new product development projects;
- Identify and manage cost containment projects to drive net material inflation improvement;
- Negotiate procurement terms, conditions and pricing with suppliers;
- Identify suppliers capable of supplying the company's product portfolio and lead the cross functional team to qualify new suppliers;
- Ensure organizational compliance to defined terms and conditions;
· Plan, forecast, place & expedite orders with deliveries timed to meet shipping requirements.
· Identify and manage projects that drive supplier on-time delivery improvement;
· Identify and manage projects that drive supplier performance improvement;Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
· University degree - ideally engineering / technical or economical;
· Procurement experience in a project-based work order manufacturing environment;
· Significant years of experience in Purchasing/ Procurement
· Microsoft Office experience and expertise (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint);
Interested? Please e-mail your CV by selecting the "Apply Now" option
A full Job Description will be supplied if you are successful to the next stage.