About the opportunity:
In this role you will develop a portfolio and ensure that the financial returns of our insurer partners continue to be met within the Construction Division which comprises Contractors Combined Liability, Contractors All Risks, Excess of Loss, Professional Indemnity, JCT and Non Negligent Liability.
You must also be able to develop and maintain key relationships with directors, managers, broker and insurer partners.
Is this role for you?
In order to succeed within this role you must have a good team ethic as well as being highly independent. You will also be required to have outstanding attention to detail skills and complete work with high accuracy.
To underwrite renewal risks under a variety of delegated binding authorities to write profitable business in line with the overall business objectives.
- Work within personal underwriting authority limits
- To provide support to junior staff and act as technical referral point
- Create and maintain relationships with brokers, insurers and other business partners
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market development via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training and Competency requirements
- To conduct the business of the Company always in a courteous and efficient manner
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company
- Work within parameters of delegated authorities
- Meet agreed company service levels and standards
- Work within all legal/regulatory requirement
- Meet individual target and contribute towards team targets
- Responsible for adhering to all Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflict of interest and for the fair treatment of customers and will ensure they follow the system and control operating to ensure that this is the case
Qualifications and Experience:
- CII qualified or working towards
- Proven underwriting experience in Casualty and Construction lines including Combined Liability, Contractors All Risks and Excess of Loss
- Experience handling larger more complex risks
- Knowledge of external markets
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Proficient knowledge of Casualty underwriting principles and practice.
- Good risk analysis and technical skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work within a team framework.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Use initiative to make decisions
- Attention to detail
- Good team ethic
- Client service centric
- Proactive approach to securing business
- Willingness to increase technical knowledge
Our Group is fast paced and constantly changing, which makes it an exciting place to work. Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Flexible benefits