LGV Driver Trainer, £28,000 - £30,000 per annum, Full or Part Time, Sheffield, West Yorkshire
Are you interested in training the LGV Drivers of the future? Would you like to share your knowledge and skills with others to help combat the driver shortage? If you are a qualified Driver Trainer with an LGV C+E Driving Licence for 3 years or more and would like to join a well-established and growing driver training company with clients across the UK, we would love to hear from you!
Are you a qualified driver who is looking to become an instructor? You may be looking for a better work-life balance? Use your driving skills and experience to teach others and work in a 9 till 5pm job with a set location base... Sound good? SP Training will fund and support you to gain your LGV Instructor qualification. Tell me more...
There are many exciting opportunities for candidates to join our growing team of experienced Driver Trainers on an employed basis in various locations including Wakefield, Bedford, Loughborough, Sherbourne, Sheffield, Doncaster and North London locations and many more. Our clients include some of the largest and most successful retailers and haulier companies in the UK.Is this role for me?
In this role you will deliver driver related training, evaluate, and monitor the progress of learners and support them through the test process. You will liaise with other personnel such as the onsite Transport Manager/Operations Manager as well as our own internal Logistics Training Lead, to maximise benefits for all training provided, ensuring that all training is relevant and in line with best practice and is monitored for progress reporting purposes.Duties and Responsibilities include
Qualifications/ Knowledge Required
- Delivery of LGV learner driving courses to DVSA test standard to a cohort of committed learners.
- Preparing candidates for DVSA LGV theory and driving tests
- Undertaking driver assessments and development of LGV licence holders.
- Assessing and ensuring that participants have the required skills to effectively and safely perform the driving duties that their role requires.
- Ability to deliver DCPC in line with JAUPT requirements.
- Responsibility for the supervision of course participants and risk assessments, Health & Safety requirements and relevant to Driver or Classroom Training.
- LGV C&E Driving Licence (3 years minimum)
- 3 Years' worth of LGV driving experience
- Excellent communication skills to deliver accurate information
- A good standard of computer literacy
- Instructor qualifications beneficial
- £28,000 - £32,000 salary (depending on location and experience)
- 25 days hol pus bank hols
- Free LGV Trainer qualification
- CPD and promotional opportunities
- Supportive culture