This is an IP Legal Counsel role with a focus on supporting the new technology development, IP Policy and the Commercialisation of existing IP of a world famous, listed multinational mining business. Client Details
Our Client is a world famous multinational mining business.Description
Legal Counsel IP will support the technology and innovation business units of the organisation across multiple jurisdictions in obtaining and providing legal advice on IP matters affecting the organisation. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Support the organisation in relation to IP and related commercial legal issues that affect the execution of their business plans including the protection, commercialisation and enforcement of the organisation's IP as well as creating awareness of, and communicating changes to, IP law affecting the organisation.
- Supporting the relevant heads working on and leading technology and innovation identify credible transaction strategy, design, negotiation and execution to achieve their immediate, medium and longer terms objectives.
- Support on the development of policies, systems, registers, procedures, precedents, playbooks and strategies of Group Legal for managing legal risks in relation to IP transactions and relationships.
- Draft and negotiate (or supervise external lawyers drafting) agreements to document IP transactions and relationships for the organisation, specifically joint development agreements and IP licences.
- Support on IP provisions in general commercial transactions including supply chain, marketing, university agreements, group discovery, employment contracts and similar.
- Advising the technology and innovation business units and Group in relation to IP strategy, commercialisation and policy formation.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- be a qualified mid-level lawyer with at least 5 years' experience in IP law.
- be qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales or other relevant common law jurisdiction and have completed their training contract at a reputable law firm.
They will have knowledge and experience of non-contentious IP and commercial law (including patents) together with and excellent working knowledge of contractual principles.
Prior experience In-House role/on secondment will be looked upon favourably.Job Offer
Salary, both long and short term bonuses, car allowance, non-contributory pension, health care, reduced price shares and other non-core benefits.
For further information about this role and the package on offer please apply to this advert, or, contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal directly.