Learning Support Assistants (SEN)
- An SEN School school based in Skelmersdale
- The school caters for pupils with SEMH and ASC aged 4-11
- Two/ Three support assistants required
- Full-time roles: Monday-Friday, 8.30-3.30
The school, which works closely with Teaching Personnel, are looking for two or three Learning Support Assistants to work closely their pupils across KS1 and KS2, the school caters for children with SEMH and ASC. Depending on specialist knowlegde, there may be an opportunity to work within the Autism class. The school have said they would like the successful applicants to start immediately until the end of the Autumn term, with a view to moving onto a school contract within the Spring/Summer term.
The usual school days focuses upon the social, emotional and educational development of each child, meaning the school use their own curriculum to cater to the needs of the pupils in the class. As a learning support assistant, you will be able to support the class in general duties throughout the school day and ensure the children are engaged. The school do utilise TEAM TEACH as a positive behaviour management strategy.
To be successful, experience supporting children/ young adults with additional needs is essential. Ideally this would be an educational setting however the school are keen to consider individuals with experience in support work, care, residential, youth work, prisons, sports coaching etc! The school are open to various experience and try and recruit based on the unique skills a candidate can bring to the roles, giving their pupils exposure to new experiences.General duties may include:
So what are the benefits of working in schools through Teaching Personnel?
- Helping pupils stay focused during class
- Providing support whether it be on a general and/or 1:1 basis
- The preparation of resources and clearing away afterwards as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Supporting pupils on a daily routine, following personalised timetables when required
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
The school are interested in meeting shortlisted candidates as soon as possible, if you think you may be suitable for the role please get in touch!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.