We are an Ofsted Good SEN School based in Medway and we are currently looking to appoint a passionate KS2 SEND Teacher, and a KS3 SEND Teacher to work with children with Multiple Learning Difficutlies including Autism.
This role is to start in November.About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an enthusiastic, dedicated and supportive team of professionals at special needs school in Medway. Must have a DBS on the update service.As an SEN Teacher, you will be responsible to:
Skills and Experience
- Managing the health, safety and welfare of all pupils within your class, ensuring that any issues identified are bought to the attention of your pathway lead.
- Taking responsibility for dealing with parental concerns within your class and informing, or referring them to an appropriate member of SLT or your pathway lead
- To raise and feedback on safeguarding issues within your class to pathway lead and safeguarding lead.
- To complete and follow up on all class Cpoms recorded by your class team and ensure that the relevant DSL's are aware.
- To ensure policy and procedure concerning intimate care and toilet training are consistently implemented in your class.
- Support the transition and admission of pupils into your class
- To lead and contribute to EHCP reviews for pupils in your class
- Take the lead in securing and embedding, within your class, the pastoral support systems present in the school, including attendance, SMSC and behaviour expectations
- To implement our curriculum for your learners in your class with support from the pathway lead
· Experienced Teachers & NQT will be considered
· To have strong classroom management skills
· Has experience of planning, assessing and implementation of plans.
· Working with children with Special Educational Needs and / or vulnerable groups within a special school.
· Working with SEN children within a mainstream setting
· Able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders (eg colleagues, parents, external agencies)
· Able to use IT
· Able to work as part of, and contribute to, whole-school, multi-disciplinary teams
· Able to identify the necessary resources which ensure high-quality teaching and learning
· Able to effectively plan and deliver high-quality lessons
· Able to converse with ease with a variety of stakeholders and provide practical help or advice in accurate and fluent spoken English
· Able to demonstrate effective working with others and managing teams
· Pathway specific subject specialist training or experience in Pre, semi or formal pathway development
· Demonstrate commitment to inclusive teaching and learning
· Aware of the effects of discrimination on pupils, parents, colleagues and policy
· Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of children with MLD and ASD
· Knowledge of behaviour management techniques and the impact of high-quality teaching and learning on behaviour
· Specialist qualifications i.e. Team Teach
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Evidence of ongoing CPD
· Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding issues
· Specialist qualifications in relation to SEND
· Evidence of successful performance management
· DSL training
If you would like to find out more about the roles we are advertising for please apply ASAP.