AWS Solutions Architect -
Salary: Up to £100K
Location: Remote with onsite in London 2 days per week
Due to the highly secure nature of this work all applicants will be required to gain UK Security Clearance to at least SC level. You must have been resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years and cannot have been outside the UK for more than 28 days on any one occasion within this time.
Customer Software Development
You may have any of our client's UK offices as a base location. Fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
An overview of the role
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our client, which is why they utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients.
Our client has world class architecture and software engineering communities and invests in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation. Working with a client from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and 'go live' and provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager. As a member of the solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with the architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other disciplines such as engagement managers and account executives. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for clients.
· Work on some of the most leading edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
· Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
· Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
· Collaborate closely with the engineering teams to ensure solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
· Maintain technical relationships with clients and technology partners.
· Be a trusted technology adviser to clients as well as colleagues.
· Excellent knowledge of exploiting at least one major Cloud platform (pref. AWS) for delivery of cloud-native solutions.
· A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
· A strong background in Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications.
· Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
· Experience of working in collaborative teams.
· Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
· Working with distributed, off-shore delivery teams.
· Microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
· Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
· DevOps background/experience.
· API-centric architectures.
· NoSQL databases.