Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Closing Date: 31 October, 2021Job Introduction
Great Registered General Nurses (RGNs) are essential to the smooth running of our Healthcare department within the establishment. They have an important role to play in supporting residents with their ongoing medical care.
What makes a great prison RGN?
We are looking for people who will be a natural fit for the job.
Are you the sort of person who:
Why choose Sodexo?
- Is reliable?
- Is forward thinking with a holistic approach to care?
- Always treats others fairly and with respect?
- Are you able to give continuity of care without judgement?
- Is quick to notice things, such as changes in peoples condition or when something isn't quite right?
- Can easily connect and talk to all sorts of people from different backgrounds on their level?
- Keeps calm under pressure?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary £35,051.25 per annum
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals while on duty
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay - 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Average of 37.5 hours a week on a shift pattern basis that includes weekends
- BUPA cover
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Access to Sodexo Discounts - wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Access to flexible benefits - this is via salary sacrifice where you can purchase a wide range of benefits including holidays, insurance and dental cover.
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee's
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- Subsidised gym membership
- There is gym on site which staff can attend on their free time
What's the job like?
Our nurses support the general Healthcare provision within the prison environment. You will be joining a unique, exciting but challenging environment, where you will have a range of nursing duties, from health promotion to first response emergency care and will be central to the continued successful operation of the site. You will be expected to encourage patients to look after their health needs and become active with promotion. On a daily basis medication is dispensed in a safe and timely manner, this includes an awareness of controlled medication within a secure environment. We are looking for people who can run a variety of nurse led clinics such as chronic disease management, health screening programmes, wound care, immunisations, venepuncture and the ability to link up and work closely with other agencies to ensure holistic shared care planning.Why be a prison RGN?
You will be working in a dynamic environment that will encourage you to use a range of skills. Anything from Health promotion to A&E you will be delivering a broad spectrum of care. Health promotion is key for the residents and you will be involved in promoting their involvement in self-care. Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative care and community rehabilitation services that offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better.The Ideal Candidate
- RGN - Registered General Nurse
- Up to date NMC registration
- Experience as a Band 5 equivalent nurse
- Open to working within a secure/custodial environment.
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
You will need to be Registered General Nurse. We will not be able to proceed with applications from student nurses for this position until you have qualified and have a valid NMC registration number
Previous experience of working in a prison environment is not essential as the prison will provide supervision and training.About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo's connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.