Reed Contracts are pleased to be recruiting for a Senior Exchequer Services Officer to join a busy finance team in Liverpool.
You will contribute to and monitor processes and procedures to maintain effective central payments systems and income recovery.The duties will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- To support the Exchequer Services Manager to ensure that there is continuity of service on a day-to-day basis
- Administer the Sundry Debtor systems
- Monitor the processing and issuing of new debtor invoices
- Create new debtor master records so that official invoices can be issued to debtors
- Manage the recovery of sundry debts including payroll and use and occupation charges, issue reminders, follow-up letters
- Liaise closely with the Payroll Client Unit and the external payroll provider with regard to the recovery of overpaid salaries, to ensure debts are repaid in a timely manner
- Negotiate and enforce repayment schedules when debtors are experiencing difficulty repaying debts to ensure that debts are recovered
- Recover overdue debts, including instructing Legal Services to pursue legal action and initiating cancellation or write-off procedures in respect of unrecoverable debts
- Ensuring that all monies owed are either recovered in full, or else treated in a manner that is consistent with the organisations policy and procedures
- Cancel debts raised in error or settled by means other than payment via sundry debtor systems
- Prepare write off files for approval by Head Of Finance
- Provide advice and guidance with regard to the collection of new forms of income e.g. income generation initiatives such as the Alarm Policy scheme and the Driver Improvement Scheme
- Initiate reports and check data for submission to the electronic banking system, so that creditors can be paid electronically (Bankers Electronic Funds Transfer systems)
- Produce payments by BACS and cheque and take action to cancel payments when required, while ensuring that remedial action, including notification to the bank has been taken prior to payments being reissued
- Ensure the security of pre-signed cheques and the safety of the personal issue Bankers Electronic Funds Transfer submission smart card, to avoid misuse that could result in financial loss and to comply with the BACS terms of issue accepted when the card is used
- Create and amend creditor master records so that purchase orders can be created and payments can be made in accordance with authentic details
- AAT qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current VAT and Construction Industry Scheme legislation
- Experience of operating within a strict set of internal financial and procedures, and where relevant, financial policies of external bodies such as the Home Office
- Knowledge of law and legal process
- Experience of working with a financial accounting system, and an appreciation of the key interfaces between the General Ledger, Debtors & Creditors modules
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great organisation on a 3 month temporary assignment, with the likelihood of an extension.
You will work a 36.5 hour week based in Brunswick, on an hourly rate of £12.73 per hour (paye).
If you are interested and have the above skill set then please apply ASAP.Good Luck!