A global Energy Supply & Trading company, with a strong reputation in the marketplace are seeking candidates for their Head of Financial Accounting role.Overview:
Strategize, formulate and direct for accurate and proper execution and record of Revenue and Cost of Revenue, financial derivatives instruments based on business operations, all monthly reporting accorded for each entity. Direct for accuracy of reporting on financial numbers, adherence to the statutory and regulatory requirements, Group Accounting Policies, Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), Companies Acts and Income Tax.Financial Accounting & Reporting:
- Strategize and direct for accuracy and timely completion of overall financial accounting and reports of trade
- settlements and other activities for all company, as well as adherence to the statutory and regulatory requirements, Group Accounting Policies, International Financial Reporting Standard. Below are among other tasks to be performed:
- Advise and Align the maintenance of both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in all entities to ensure proper and accurate data are captured in the accounts and timely ageing report produced with thorough review every month.
- Strategize for smooth and proper conduct and performance of the yearly financial audit exercise to ensure activities carried out are according to the plan. Direct for pre-audit work to be done in a comprehensive manner so that audit is completed within stipulated timeframe. Formulate overall audit process until completion and review board paper for presentation to the Management.
- Internal Audit and Reporting
- Strategize and advise on the annual or ad hoc internal audit exercise by Group Internal Audit by engaging the key audit stakeholders, direct all line users to respond in a timely manner and govern the access of info until the end for seamless execution of audit.
- Advise and align the overall process to adopt relevant accounting standards through assessment of the
- implications of terms of recognition, measurement and disclosure of any revision or new Financial Reporting Standard in order to ensure compliance to Group Accounting Guidelines, FRS and relevant statutory requirements.
- Strategize and influence for updated and in place of financial policies, guidelines, framework for all entities by collaborate with Group Holding Company.
- Control and advise the enhancement and execution of Limits of Authority across entities in order to ensure consistency of practices throughout entities, decisions are made at the appropriate level and there is alignment to company policies and guidelines as well as in line with current business requirements and organization structure.
- Align all testing for Financial Control Framework twice yearly for reporting accordingly and to ensure that the effectiveness of testing are relevant and updates based on changes in business, enhancement in practices or system.
- Control the safekeeping and update of Document Management System for easy and organized reference in the Company.Ensure compliance to business processes and procedures at all times.
- Advise on any enhancement on system and control of respective entities, to play an active role in looking into the effectiveness of the system and to be among the focal for Digitalization for Finance.
- Execute any changes in cost center structure and GL account management due to any new requirement.
- Experience within Oil and Energy is essential
- Accounting qualification
- Experience with SAP is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable Statutory accounts experience.