We are working on an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join this highly successful retailer working on their gift and greeting card department.
The Buyer will be responsible for:
- Selecting, developing, and managing ranges in line with customer profiles ensuring the critical path for key life moments is followed
- Attending trade shows and buying meetings
- Carrying out trend and competitor research as well as keeping up to date with any changes in market trends
- Work with the Ecommerce and Merchandising teams to ensure stock availability
- Regularly reviewing sales, identifying ways sales could be improved and opportunities for growth
- Analysing and evaluating the overall performance of the product area weekly against budget
- Negotiating effectively to help drive sales and profitability
Desirable skills for the Buyer include:
- Having a creative eye and using this to their advantage with selling
- Research skills that keep you updated with the market and trends
- Understanding of the buying process and should have had previous experience with buying their own range
- Brilliant organisation and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with the team, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Target driven and results focused
The perfect Buyer will have experience in buying Homeware, Gifting, Stationary or Cards & Seasonal.