- Location: Leicester
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Our East Midlands Division, located in Leicester is looking to recruit a Regional Engineer to join the Division's Technical team.The Role
The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. This includes responsibility for researching the best materials, at the best cost. In terms of design, there are a variety of house types on our sites, all of which come with their unique challenges to solve. Our drive for sustainability, value and ever-changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required. Most of the employees employed within these teams have either an architectural or engineering background, and this role will offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management. Principal accountabilities of the role include:
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Coordinate the delivery of technical information for new and current developments including instructing and managing engineering specialist consultants and dealing with a wide range of technical issues.
- Assist the Technical team with all Engineering related work and manage drawing issues.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and Water Authorities in relation to all S38, S278, S104 and S106 agreements and ensuring that all agreements are in place prior to the site start and completed through to adoption in a timely manner.
- Check all drawings prepared by Consultants in relation to the civil engineering aspects of the developments.
- Design roads, drainage and external works for smaller developments.
- Liaise closely with Construction department to ensure sites are placed on maintenance in a timely manner and adoptions take place, thereby avoiding over runs on bonds.
- Prepare CDM pre-tender information for the Commercial department.
- Assist with feasibility studies when required, such as establishing drainage guidelines in consultation with Water Authority and advising as to whether discharge limits are to be set.
Qualifications and Training
- Experience of working as an Engineer within construction/housebuilding.
- Experience of CAD and micro-drainage.
The Role and Working Conditions
- HNC/HND in a building related topic
- CSCS card or equivalent
- Skills and Aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical, conscientious, organised and works to deliver high standards.
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to be able to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems within the technical environment.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In return we can offer you:
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role, with regular travel to development sites as and when required.
- Ability to travel to all development sites within Divisional area.
Please send your CV to apply.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance