MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. ASSET MANAGEMENT DIVISION
An exciting opportunity to work on greenfield projects on the Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division (AMD) research platform, with a variety of technologies . Working as a front office developer partnering directly with research analysts across all of AMD's desks, the candidate will build functionality to help them make better investment decisions. The candidate will be responsible for understanding requirements, then designing & implementing solutions. Opportunities will be available to increase technical & professional skills as well as investment management knowledge.
The role requires innovative & strategic thinking on a new technical platform. With a strong ethos of collaborating with other technology teams in AMD, we have been early adopters of various platforms in GS & are committed to improving them for the benefit of both our users & the wider firm. The team works in an agile manner, with a focus on innovation & user experience.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical thinking skills and be comfortable working with different technology platforms used within the team; develop software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever changing business environment; strong verbal and written communications skills are a pre-requisite, as well as ability to form strong client relationships by working closely with the various AMD desks. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfill your potential?
- Build a unified world-class platform supporting all aspects of investment research
- Propose, design, and implement software solutions to enhance our client services and capture new opportunities
- Great opportunity to learn the business while working with a talented group of individuals
- Build scalable financial services using the latest web & server-side technologies
- Exposure to new and exciting technologies applied in a thoughtful and commercial manner
- Work in challenging yet fulfilling environment which gives opportunity to work on critical projects to uplift systems
- As the successful candidate will work across the stack, a technology agnostic approach is vital
- Solid analytical skills and appreciation of technical risk
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
- Strong team working and communication skills are essential to manage the business interaction and the global nature of projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Search and search related technologies such as Lucene, Elastic Search, Solr
- Knowledge Graphs
- Java, VertX, Spring and other related technologies
- SQL & NoSQL DB like Sybase, Mongo and other related technologies
- Angular, React, other UI related technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity