Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Stock Controller for a market leading engineering company. You will coordinate and manage the movement of materials between departments/sites according to production and shipping requirements. Maintain accuracy and accessibility of stock via computerised inventory records.THE JOB:
- Follow-up and progress chasing of material shortages
- Scheduling of the "picked" items through shop floor pick list creation
- Preparation and execution of work for stock audit purposes is also within scope of the role
- Collaborate with manufacturing planning manager to determine supply needs for a specific planning period
- Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies of materials
- Manage the planning of the inbound flow of bulk materials to the shop floor work centres.
- Setting necessary replenishment amounts in line with production demand
- Keep detailed records on procurement activities i.e. due dates of materials
- Ensure prompt and accurate updating of the ERP system
- Prepare reports on inventory and material usage
- Supporting BOM coordinators with material changes on started shop orders
- Using inventory part availability suggest and maintain min/max levels of inventory
- Resolve material shortages, back-logs and other potential production schedule interruptions.
- Supply Chain Management, Material Control or Storekeeping related experience.
- Experience of working in a Continuous improvement/ Development focused organisation.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP or Stock Control systems.
- Engineering or technical background would be an advantage
- Able to develop and implement change.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.