We are a property investment, development and management company based in London, UK. The company has over twenty years of experience in financing, developing and managing residential, commercial and hospitality assets.
The Quarters was developed as our Build-to-Rent (BTR) portfolio: four well-located properties within London’s metropolitan area. Each building offering high quality extended accommodation and a variety of services and amenities to corporates.
The Group Financial Controller manages the Group’s financial systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles. Accurate reporting of the company finances while leading, nurturing, and developing our team of accountants.
- Managing a small team of centralised accountants, conducting ongoing CPD of the team
- Present confidently and competently to a board financial models of the fund
- Proven experience in creation of sophisticated financial models (Macros level, excel)
- Debt restructuring experience: credit to proven track record of working with different European banks, obtaining real estate finance
- Experience of systems integration and implementation.
- Maintaining efficient working capital of the group and advising the CEO and COO on efficiency
- Producing consolidated management accounts and cash flow models for unencumbered properties including bank finance
- Liaising with external auditors to submit statutory accounts after development of audit files, year-end adjustments for accruals and prepayment and other accounting treatment
- Managing capital allowances, HMRC liaison on VAT and corporation tax
- SDLT, CIL, purchase and sale, land registry, VAT claims on property development costs, solid knowledge of the nuances between commercial and residential assets
- Oversee and produce service charge budget (commercial / residential)
- Overseeing Payroll including pension scheme, working with HR
- Producing aged debtor reports, and non-recoverable expenditure with close liaison of the in-house Operations Manager
- Reviewing supplier payment runs to ensure integrity with cost control prior to Director
- Authorization Reporting to financiers for loan covenant monitoring to include interest cover, and compliance certificates
- A minimum 2:1 from an accredited institution
- ACA or ACCA qualified, must be FCA - a member of the institute of charted accountant in England and Wales
- Technically capable of demonstrating accounting knowledge and ability to hit the ground running with a can-do approach
- Audit experience of property investment companies is considered as a strong advantage
- Understanding of UK GAAP and onshore-offshore nuances
- Solid financial background in the real estate industry (residential and commercial).
- Presentable with ability to demonstrate financial control skills and strategies to a board of directors.
- A key player in a company, able to communicate both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills and attention to details are must.
- Ability to lead, train and develop the team under GAAP.
- RICS accreditation – property experience
- AIM and IPO experience is a advantageous
- Preferably 2 years’ experience working at one of the Big5 (Deloitte, BDO, EY, KPMG or PWC)
To be considered for this role, please apply today.