The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity (RMCC) raises money to support The Royal Marsden, a world-leading cancer centre. From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, we will never stop looking for ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.
This is an immensely exciting time to join a charity that has set an ambitious strategy that will ensure we can continue to improve the lives of cancer patients, while helping us to meet the challenges of the current fundraising environment. The Charity has been through a period of significant growth, completing our last three-year strategy by almost doubling fundraising income.
The Charity is in the final stages of a £70 million capital appeal to build the Oak Cancer Centre (OCC) at The Royal Marsden in Sutton and is now working closely with the hospital on exciting plans for a new major redevelopment project.
You would be responsible for developing a new Philanthropy & Partnerships strategy (high value fundraising) to build on successes to date and identify and deliver on new growth opportunities, including the appeal for a new major capital redevelopment.
As a member of RMCC's senior leadership team, you would also play a central role in the leadership of one of the UK's fastest growing charities. This role works closely with colleagues across the Charity and the world leading clinicians in The Royal Marsden, and supports the Managing Director on delivering the organisational strategy across all areas of the Charity.The Candidate
- Extensive experience and demonstrable success in leadership and strategy in a non-profit environment.
- Extensive experience of developing major gift and trust fundraising programmes, including proven success in personally securing seven figure gifts and managing long term relationships with donors.
- Experience of building corporate fundraising programmes and of pitching for business and managing relationships with major partners.
- A track record of leading successful major charitable appeals.
- Experience of developing and delivering successful special events and cultivation events.
- Experience of recruiting and effectively managing relationships with Appeal Board Members and other high value Volunteers.
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues across an organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, evidenced by close, successful relationships with VIPs, stakeholders and volunteer committees.
- Track record in successfully leading, motivating and developing teams.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/83897
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners Sandra Hamovic: on 07979 017 447 or Sandra.Hamovic@berwickpartners.co.ukClosing date for applications: Monday 1st November 2021