Assistant Principal (Safeguarding - DSL, Attendance and Student Welfare)Reporting to:
Pay Scale - Ark, Outside London, Leadership Scale circa. £53, 499Closing date:
Monday 18th October 2021Start date
: January 2022 Interviews will be held on Wednesday 20th October 2021 The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional Birmingham school and lead a large, distinct and diverse safeguarding team. The Assistant Principal will play a significant role as the strategic lead for safeguarding, attendance, mental health and student welfare across the school.
This vital role at Ark Boulton Academy will work closely with leaders across the academy to ensure that systems and procedures are in place to support the wellbeing of all our students, staff and the community we support. This is a great time to join the school as we continue on our upward trajectory of improvement.
This role is an important contribution to that journey and involves leading practice in an area of schooling that will become more prominent in the future as Early Help provision is increased and the safeguarding remit broadens. You will be responsible for coordinating the work of the academy's welfare team: ensuring that the academy responds collaboratively to matters of student welfare; engaging with other Assistant Principals in the school to impact on the quality of education and all in service to improving the outcomes and opportunities of our students.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will also be centrally involved in the overall leadership and management of the academy, including staff training and induction, and will help to develop further a school culture that is nurturing, rigorous and has high expectations at its heart. Ark Boulton Academy is committed to staff development and this role provides an excellent opportunity to attain the skills and knowledge needed to progress into a deputy headship.You will:
- Have a firm understanding of all statutory matters relating to safeguarding as well as a clear knowledge of what this means operationally
- Have a methodical and strategic understanding of the tracking, monitoring and reporting of safeguarding matters
- Have the ability to build and nurture productive working relationships with all external agencies relating to safeguarding
- Understand the varying complexities of safeguarding matters and lead on all CIN, Early Help CP and LAC matters including undertaking fact finding/investigations
- Ensure that all staff are trained on safeguarding matters including in the use of the online safeguarding recording system' the 'online safeguarding monitoring and filtering system'
- Utilise the academy's data systems and regularly analyse the data to identify trends, monitor staff disclosures, and to note patterns that may identify intervention
Our vision for Ark Boulton Academy is simple: together we give each of our students the skills, personal qualities and qualifications they need to be successful at university and in the career of their choice; together we make them role models for future generations, helping them to fulfil their potential and raise aspirations; and that together we support our students to develop a lifelong love of learning, a sense of personal and civic pride and the confidence to not just navigate the modern world, but to shape it
At Ark Boulton Academy we work together to ensure that each of our children can overcome barriers to learning, catch up where needed and achieve at the highest levels by working harder, behaving better and making faster progress than children in other schools and academies.
This year, Ark Boulton Academy was one of only two secondary schools in the country to receive a School of Character Kitemark Plus award from the Association for Character Education (ACE) recognising the school's dedication to promoting character and virtues in school.
Joining Ark Boulton Academy means working within a strong collegiately-minded community both as part of our Birmingham hub and nationally through collaboration with other schools in the Ark network. Ark Boulton is part of the Ark Birmingham Teaching School Hub, a new initiative to deliver high-quality professional development to teachers and leaders across south Birmingham.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below. Alternatively please contact on 0121 773 8156.