Our client is a leading London UniversityJob Description
The purpose of this role is to grow and support the development of research partnerships with businesses and other external organisations, with emphasis on the research strengths and resources of the University.
The focus for partnerships will be the development of research collaborations though applications to funding schemes (such as Research Councils, Innovate UK) and contract and sponsored research. There will be an emphasis on generating substantial, long-term relationships with commercial partners to benefit academic research, teaching and impact across the University.
The main duties of this role are
The Successful Applicant
- Develop high-quality research partnerships with businesses and other external organisations, seeking alignment between academic research strengths, strategic objectives and business needs.
- Identify key business partners and funding opportunities by attending and organising relevant events and keeping up to date with key trends in the research landscape.
- Lead on the coordination and writing of collaborative research proposals and strategic bids.
- Manage two Business Development Managers, including training, mentoring, performance monitoring, and appraisals.
- Work alongside Deans within the School of Medicine & Dentistry and their teams to manage timelines and alignment for strategic applications.
- Initiate research agreements including the negotiation of commercial terms and review of commercial contracts.
- Effective communication and relationship management across multiple and varied stakeholders. This will include senior researchers and senior managers including the Vice principals, Deans and Research Services staff as well as commercial partners, funding bodies and other external organisations.
- Monitor the research funding landscape and highlight external factors that may influence business partnering and research development.
We're looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager with the following skills and experience:
What's on Offer
- Significant business development experience gained within a research-intensive environment
- Track record of identifying, developing and onboarding new business opportunities across the commercial and academic landscape.
- Experience of working with relevant commercial partners within Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or Medicine.
- Significant experience and successful track record of handling commercial negotiations including contract review and development.
High-level understanding of research funding and Knowledge Exchange processes.
- Significant writing experience including large-scale/complex research proposals, business plans, case studies and marketing materials.
- Experience of managing, mentoring and motivating staff in a relevant working environment
- Experience of contributing to strategic planning.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent written and presentation skills suitable for senior level audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including listening, influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution.
- Ability to lead by example, train and provide guidance to junior members of the Business & Partnerships Team.
- A degree or relevant academic background in a specialist area within Medicine, Life Sciences or Dentistry.
Salary £55000-£62000 dependant on skills and experience
30 days holiday + bank holidays
Excellent pension scheme and benefits
Quote job ref
+44 20 7269 2108