Our client are a leading Corporate and Investment Bank whose core business span across Corporate Banking,Capital Markets,Asset Management.Job Description
The Internal Audit Manager - VP will have the following responsibilities:
The Successful Applicant
- The Audit Manager is primarily accountable and responsible for the timely delivery of an internal audit assignment
- Preparation of planning material to ensure that the internal controls covering the key risks are appropriately tested in order to provide reasonable assurance to the Board, Group Management, Entity Management and other stakeholders, including regulators, that an effective internal control environment exists.
- Overseeing the work performed for the audit assignment by other team members. Providing guidance and support to team members as necessary.
- Directing testing to cover key areas of risk and determine the scope and focus in agreement with the Audit Partner of the review, and share expertise in their area with other team members.
- Preparing draft Audit Control Recommendations for review by Management. The ACRs musts be factually accurate and clearly communicate the findings and recommendations. The Audit Manager must clearly communicate the issues to Management and then to business Management including senior stakeholders. In doing so, the Audit Manager may experience some significant challenge and must therefore be resilient and articulate in their presentation of the issues.
- Preparing the final internal audit report. The report must clearly communicate areas of positive assurance as well as areas where improvement in the internal control environment is required. • Undertaking follow-up and closure of internal audit recommendations.
- The Audit Manager may be also asked to assist the Director/ Executive Director with maintaining relationships with Senior Management (D, ED and SED level) in a nominated area of responsibility, have insight into business activities and be able to comment on key areas of risk for those business areas.
The Internal Audit Manager VP should have the following skills:
- Educated to degree standard and holder of a professional qualification, (Usually CIA, ACCA etc) with strong numerical and financial skills and understanding of the regulatory environment.
- The ability to clearly communicate to senior Management both verbally and in writing audit issues and to gain confidence and trust of Management in their relationship management role.
- The role holder needs to have a good operational knowledge in some aspects of the Bank to enable them to identify control weaknesses and advice on best practice/ process improvements.
What's on Offer
- Have technical expertise in Bank and Capital Markets products including Fixed Income and Equity products, local regulations and a detailed understanding of AML and KYC. A clear understanding of the risk and internal control environment relevant to the business being audited.
- Attention to detail. The confirmation of factual accuracy and a clear understanding of how the facts should be interpreted is essential.
- Be able to apply knowledge and skills to other areas and interpret these in the wider context. Be a trusted advisor to the business and undertake problem solving in own role. Advising the business on possible control solutions and, being able to balance competing demands.
Salary of £80,000 -£95,000 plus attractive benefits package
Quote job ref
+44 207 645 1432