We need the very best to join our team. Is that you?
Our dedicated Carers & Nurses are our most valuable asset in delivering the very best care and support to our residents. What we can offer you:
The Care Assistant Role
- Flexible, Full-Time or Part-Time Shifts
- Excellent Rate of Pay £9.50 per hour
- Training & Career Development Opportunities
- Fantastic induction, training, and ongoing support to develop your knowledge within the care industry
- Company Uniform
- Free Parking On-Site
- Workplace Pension Scheme
Working as an integral member of the Care Team you will work closely to ensure the residents in the Home are cared for appropriately. The role can be both physically and mentally demanding, the ideal candidate will be expected to understand the empathy required with elderly people. Candidates with no previous experience will be mentored for 2 weeks to give guidance and support and to facilitate training. Responsibilities:
- Promoting as full as life as possible for each resident
- Organising activities to keep the residents engaged
- Assisting with serving/preparation of meals, drinks and clearing up afterwards
- Supporting the Nurse on duty, Physiotherapist or Chiropodist when required
- Reporting any changes in residents to condition to the Nurse on Duty
- Report any incidents within the home to ensure they are recorded in the incident book
- Care for resident's property and belongings in the home as directed
- Ensure any equipment is maintained and report and defects to a Manager
- Accompany residents to activities out with the Home when required
- Support with personal care
- Clean up any spillages as they occur using the correct equipment as specified in the Control of Infection Policy
- To assist with other duties as and when required
- Ideally working towards or hold an SVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care
- An Understanding of National Care Standards and Codes of Conducts
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Have a passion to deliver high levels of care at all times.
- SSSC Registration or willingness to register within the specified timescale.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and compassion to excel in this position, please apply to this advert.