Finance Manager - Temp 3 months
A hands-on Finance Manager is required on a 3-month contract basis to support a manufacturing business on the outskirts of Eastleigh. This role offers onsite parking, flexible working hours, and remote working (2-3 days per week). This Finance Manager role has become due to long term sick. There is a possibility this role will lead to longer term prospects within the business.
- Lloyds on-line banking.
- Daily posting of all incoming and outgoing bank payments according the bank statements.
- Monthly bank reconciliations in multiple currencies.
- Daily submission of received customer cheque payments to the bank via mail or in person
- Holding and maintaining petty cash daily in multiple currencies and monthly reconciliation.
- Opening and maintaining supplier accounts in Sage.
- Full responsibility for all aspects of the Accounts Payable Ledger: including invoice matching with purchase orders, goods receipt notes and delivery notes. Coding and posting of all Accounts Payable ledger entries (supplier invoices/ credits) into Sage (PO/ non-PO), reconciliation of monthly supplier statements, query resolution with internal team and suppliers.
- Processing of all Accounts Payable bank payments incl. monthly supplier payment run and ad-hoc payments during the month in multiple currencies.
- Opening and maintaining customer accounts in Sage.
- Covering the complete range of Credit Control: running Creditsafe reports to check for customer credit worthiness, monitoring the current customers, analysing payment data in Sage, setting and reviewing customer credit limits and payment terms, chasing customers for payment of overdue invoices/ dunning.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries by liaising with the internal team regarding any accounts queries.
- Sending monthly customer statements.
- Check, processing and payments of employee expense claims.
- Monthly maintenance and backup of the financial system Sage.
- Maintenance of the company Chart of Accounts.
- Posting of all necessary journal entries (e.g. Payroll, Depreciation etc.).
- Maintaining the Company Fixed Asset register incl. setting up new assets and depreciation.
- Management of financial month end processes.
- Management of financial year end processes incl. liaising with the Chartered Accountant for year-end, dividends.
- Monthly cash flow forecasting & daily cash management incl. drawdown requests to ensure there are sufficient funds in the bank account at all times.
- Monthly Sales Ledger reconciliations and reporting in EUR and GBP to the Invoice Discounting Provider.
- Preparation of monthly and annual management accounts (P+L and Balance Sheet reports, Trial Balance).
- Calculation and posting of monthly Accruals (e.g. customer rebates, customer cash settlement discounts etc.) and Prepayments.
- Monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Responsible for completion and validation of the quarterly VAT return report within the deadline.
- Generation and validation of the monthly Intrastat Arrivals reports within the deadline.
- Contract management of the utilities providers (Electricity, Gas, Water).
- Reconcile import declarations against HMRC statements
Ideally you will be CIMA,ACCA or ACA qualified but candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.