Company description:WHAT DRIVES US...
Maybe you know us, maybe you do not. Even though you probably use our services every day. So, we would like to share more about what we do at Nominet, and why we do it, so that you can help us to build the right team.
We're proudly at the heart of the UK's critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber security, as we explore and pioneer new tech.
We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity, and security for our world - and create a vibrant digital future.
That is what drives us - and the kind of people we want to work with.PERKS
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including a 10-20% bonus, 30 days holiday allowance, flexible working hours, healthcare, pension scheme, life assurance, wellbeing allowance, flex benefits
Job description:OUR ROLE
As SEO/ Web Optimisation Lead you will drive and execute Nominet's website and SEM strategy and will be responsible for proactively leading the tracking and analysis of all digital marketing activity. Joining the Marketing Team for Registry Services and Public Benefit, this will give you the opportunity to have true accountability for web programmes, search engine and performance marketing in an organisation that's at the heart of the internet and makes a real difference to people's lives.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will have three key areas of responsibilityProduct Owner - Website Portfolio (Registry Services and Public Benefit):
Search Engine Marketing
- Own the ongoing maintenance, improvement and enhancement strategy of existing website portfolio (such as The UK Domain, This is How)
- Main point of contact for all new web development projects within Marketing, co-ordinating internal and external stakeholders and deliver best in class web experiences
- Responsible for monitoring and occasionally updating website content using the CMS (WordPress) and working with content owners to ensure content is high quality, up-to-date, and optimised for performance
- Be the bridge between the Marketing team and Web Development team to ensure web strategy is forecasted, comprehensive and implemented with speed and agility
- Be the go-to person within the Marketing team for all web accessibility, governance and compliance information
- Responsible for developing and maintaining best in class search engine optimisation (SEO) and conversion rate optimisation (CRO) practices that increase traffic and increase conversions
- Ensure Nominet's various websites are appropriately optimised, including identifying areas of business importance/priority, target audiences, developing keywords (using tools such as SEMrush & Google Keyword Planner) and following technical SEO best practices
- Work with the Content & Communications Team to produce and optimise digital content to complement SEO strategy
- Work with the Paid Search PPC Executive to deliver paid search and display campaigns that support SEM strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- Proactively drive digital campaign tracking and reporting. Use specialist knowledge to recommend, implement, and monitor website, email and digital campaign tracking mechanisms and analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager and Moz tools, and build and maintain campaign dashboards using data studio
- Make performance recommendations using insights gained from analysis and tracking tools (e.g. Hotjar) to improve user experience, digital content and campaign performance
- Agency management as required with a focus on tracking identified and agreed KPIs
- Optimise use of web tools (such as WordPress with Yoast SEO plugin, SEMrush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, ahrefs, Hotjar, Google AdWords, Screaming Frog) to provide commercially based and valuable insight into web site engagement within target audiences and to improve agreed KPIs
You'll be a skilled communicator with the ability to work with a range of stakeholders. Effective organisational and planning skills will be essential to deliver a broad range of web development programmes and digital marketing campaigns.
Specifically you will have great experience of:
- Using optimisation, analytics and reporting tools such as Google analytics, tag manager, search console, adwords, Data Studio, AhRefs, SEMrush, Hotjar, Yoast, Hubspot (or similar marketing automation tool)
- Running digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including: social channels, 3rd party content syndication, Email automation, display, paid search
- SEO and web analytics best practices
- Using content management systems, including WordPress
- Analysing data, applying critical thinking