£35,745 - £43,857Location:
Aston Learning Centre, 99 Whitehead Road AstonWorking Hours:
36.5 hours per weekVacancy Ref:
BCC002101Fixed Term Contract until 31/07/2022
Birmingham Adult Education Service (BAES) is one of the largest providers of adult learning opportunities in the West Midlands. We currently run nine main learning centres spread across the whole of Birmingham and we also operate at many community venues.
Adult Education classes help thousands of learners achieve their ambitions in work and life. We aim to make a difference to our learners' lives and the communities in which they live.
We offer flexible learning with daytime, evening and weekend courses to fit around our learners' busy lives. We offer a broad curriculum with qualification and leisure courses in many subjects including English, maths and ESOL programmes; arts and crafts; IT; languages; vocational training courses and family learning.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to head up our MIS Data Team. We currently use the ProSolution system and are looking to maximise its potential.
The post holder will take overall responsibility for the collection, monitoring, and reporting of accurate data for BAES and for making timely returns to the WMCA and ESFA.
You will be required to provide specialist support to senior managers in relation to data and funding requirements and lead our data input and MIS staff in the collection and management of data, as well as providing necessary guidance and management support.
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of WMCA funding and funding rules, including eligibility criteria. The post holder will be responsible for the creation of reports using ProSolution and for a range of Pro Suite Modules. They will have the ability to implement robust procedures, carry out internal audits, review current practices, and advise on improvements.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have substantial experience of setting up data systems and producing accurate reports.
- Support staff across BAES in understanding course planning, monitoring and reporting, to maximise funding.
- Have experience of working with outside agencies and external funding bodies, including audits by regulating bodies.
- Have high level of IT skills and be able to apply these to a variety of tasks.
- Have the ability to interpret complex documents and produce guidance for staff to follow.
- Lead the self-assessment process within the MIS team and contribute to the BAES Self-Assessment Report and Quality Improvement.
- Have a detailed understanding of Ofsted inspection framework and FE funding methodologies and how they apply to business functions.