MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Part time working considered
Join our Simulation & Modelling team as a Team Leader and deliver modelling software on a large, established missile programme. You'll oversee the delivery of existing models as well as new models for a range of future and emerging needs.
You'll manage a small team and interact with a wide range of functions and teams throughout MBDA, ensuring a real variety in your role. The work you do will help deliver a crucial modelling capability into the programme.
We need you to understand mathematical models and their application in an engineering environment, and be able to effectively prioritise your workload and support your team to deliver.
What we're looking for
- Understanding and experience of mathematical models and their applications
- Coding experience (we use C and Fortran but knowledge of these is not essential)
- Team management experience
- Ability to manage stakeholders and prioritise conflicting requirements
- While not essential, it'd be beneficial if you had experience with Matlab/ Simulink, MBSE, and engineering processes such as configuration control)
Here's what's in it for you
- Opportunity to work closely with project teams across concept, development and in service modelling products
- Fully understand the modelling process and how it fits into the wider processes of projects and other functions and the value it adds
- Help develop the team to meet the demands of the projects but also embed the latest best practices
- Opportunity to gain leadership and management experience in a technical context with potential development routes to Group Leader roles
Join a great team!
You will be joining a diverse team of engineers working together to maintain and develop a modelling suite to meet the needs of a wide range of projects within a multi-nation, multi-customer programme. With the prospect of upgrade programmes, spiral development and integration work to support on the horizon there is a variety of challenges that will be met by a strong team. Simulation and modelling is a growing department with opportunities to work across a range of interesting areas on products and capability development.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.