St Paul's Steiner School is looking for a qualified teacher
to join them as Assistant SENCo
(Special Educational Needs Coordinator).Teacher and Assistant SENCoLondon39 Weeks, Term-time only, 8.00am-4.00pm, 3 days per week.
At St Paul's, our mission is to educate the whole child in a healthy and balanced manner, developing the physical, emotional and intellectual capacities of each child through an age-appropriate curriculum. The Steiner philosophy looks to support both teacher and child in their development with a holistic intention. The school as a whole is seen as a community and works in strong partnership with parents.
We are looking for a qualified teacher to work with the school's SENCo to determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school in line with the SEND Code of Practice 2014.
You will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.The Assistant SENCo will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher.Your responsibilities will include:
Qualifications and Experience:
- To assist the SENCo with a range of duties including provision mapping, assessments, records and documentary evidence, liaison and meetings with other professionals.
- To have a strategic overview of provision for pupils with SEN or a disability across the school.
- Ensure the SEN policy is put into practice.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives which may affect the school's policy and practice.
- Evaluate whether funding is being used effectively.
- To assist the SENCo with managing and deploying Teaching Assistants.
- To work with a range of other professionals e.g. SALT, EP, CAMHS, Children's Services.
- To manage appropriate resources for Special Needs and Learning Support.
- To develop curriculum resources to ensure that pupils identified as having SEN have the required levels of support.
We are looking for someone who is committed to getting the best outcomes for pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the school.
- Qualified teacher status, with a minimum 2 years' experience.
- Experience of working at a whole-school level.
- National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a willingness to complete it within 3 years of appointment.
- Align for Learning Certificate, or a willingness to complete it within 3 years of appointment.
How to apply for the Assistant SENCo Position:
- A good University Bachelor's Degree.
- A recognised Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate.
- Experience of conducting training/ leading INSET.
- Sound knowledge of SEND Code of Practice.
- Knowledge of Steiner Waldorf Pedagogy.
If you have the skills and experience required for this teaching role, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information
on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.You must be eligible to work in the UK.
St Paul's Steiner School is committed to equality of opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals of any of the many BAME backgrounds.
St Paul's Steiner School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The offer of this post is subject to statutory clearance by Disclosure and barring Service and Teacher's prohibition list check.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Teacher, SENCO, Teaching Assistant, SEN Teacher, Support Assistant, Teaching Support