We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
You will join our team of experts specialising in Corporate Tax Compliance. The team provide clients with advice on various compliance issues including paying and minimising their tax liabilities. Our clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience or an interest in tax accounting, private equity, portfolio companies, real estate, and financial services including funds management.
You will work alongside other compliance and relationship managers, managing a range of activities resulting in high quality service for the clients in your portfolio including:
Essential skills and experience
- Up-front scoping and engagement planning with clients
- Liaising with the Data Management team on the approach to data collection for your clients
- Review and submission of tax accounting schedules
- Review and ultimate submission of corporation tax returns
- Opportunity spotting for related PwC services and helping clients to manage their tax risk
- You will be expected to have a high level of client contact in this role and will be responsible for organising , monitoring and managing your own workload.
- Budget management
- Assisting in the development of other staff, including delegation and coaching
The successful candidate will possess initiative, enthusiasm and will have the ability to work with and contribute to the team, possessing the personal skills needed to form strong, professional relationships. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
Not the role for you?
- Be ACA or CTA qualified
- Strong UK corporate tax skills
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities
- Be an effective delegator and strong coach for junior staff.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.