We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Employment Tax Manager to join PwC's Employment Tax team in the Midlands. The team sits within PwC's rapidly growing Reward & Employment practice.
We provide consulting services, technical advice and analysis on all aspects of workforce consulting, including Employer Compliance, Employment Tax risk management, employment status and IR35, pay governance, performance & reward, and equity taxes.
Our clients are a mix of large and complex employers across all industries and in the public and private sectors. We advise on regulatory and legislative change and help clients to manage their employment tax risks effectively. PwC is a technology enabled business and we are leveraging technology solutions in a number of new and innovative ways to deliver employment tax services efficiently for our clients.
The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a regional and multi-disciplined team, advising a range of clients on all aspects of their pay practices and the tax and national insurance treatment of cash or share based remuneration, employee benefits and expenses, and employer controls and processes. The candidate will also have an interest in technology and an awareness of the way in which data and digital solutions are shaping the market.Role responsibilities
We require an employment taxes manager who is able to apply a range of technical capabilities and who will:
Skills and Experience
- Work collaboratively within a team.
- Manage a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors.
- Draft technically complex advice and supervise the work of junior staff (managing their personal and technical development, undertaking research and analysis of tax cases, reviewing legislative matters and responding to HMRC consultations).
- Research and articulate changes in employment tax regulations and best practice.
- Develop a personal network of contacts internally and externally and actively promote the PwC brand through social media and external networking events.
- Actively target and evaluate opportunities for developing new client opportunities and services. Support client proposal activities.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to delivering great client service.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a regional team and through virtual networks.
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks.
- Is resilient, able to work to deadlines and will encourage and motivate junior staff.
- Strong analytical skills in terms of understanding the interaction of processes, technologies and people.
- An interest in technology and the benefits that it can bring in terms of efficiency, risk mitigation and control and informational capabilities.
Not the role for you?
- ACA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Extensive employment tax/PAYE/NIC experience
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.