We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Our Private Business team specialise in advising wealthy individuals, families and their businesses on managing their personal and company tax affairs in the UK and abroad. Collaboration with other areas of the business enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans.Our curious minds and collaborative spirit enables us to work together, helping clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service. The role We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager based in our Bristol office with significant and varied experiences of advising privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners on a broad range of complex matters.
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential skills and experience The successful candidate will possess initiative, drive and the proven ability to work with and help lead a growing team, possessing the personal skills to maintain deep, trusted long-term relationships with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A key role in a growing team, working closely with experienced Private Business Partners and Directors and having responsibility to develop new client relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities from within our market.
- Responsibility for a diverse and broad portfolio of client engagements, including privately owned or family owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies.
- Developing market leading relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating across the firm when developing client relationships or delivering complex projects.
- Maintaining an expert level of relevant tax knowledge (both UK and overseas), staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues, including delivering sessions at client / knowledge events.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to Managers, Senior Associates and Associates within the team while also keeping more senior stakeholders updated of progress.
Not the role for you?
- Relevant and up-to-date UK (and some overseas) tax knowledge - varied experience of more complex tax issues facing privately or family owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and business owners.
- Strong project management skills - able to manage several demanding client projects while remaining resilient and planning workload for self and others.
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on complex client engagements in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written communication - providing thorough and robust review of all written deliverables, including reports, technical memos and other concise advice for clients.
- Coaching and delegation - the successful candidate will help other Senior Managers and Managers in the team coach, develop and delegate to a team of associates and senior associates, helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client and contact relationships, pursuing opportunities and overseeing the delivery of analysis and written deliverables.
- ACA and/or CTA qualified.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.