We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
The Belfast corporate tax team is recruiting. Are you a Senior Manager with experience in Corporate Tax? If so, then we are interested in hearing from you.
You will work directly with the Northern Corporate tax team, to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant on business affairs.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance and increasing post tax profits. Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a tax team, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
About the team
- Managing a portfolio of clients and being the main client contact for day to day queries and tax technical matters.
- Training and leading a team of junior staff on large client accounts, as well as contributing to the development of technical knowledge within the wider team.
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues and discussing the impacts with your portfolio of clients.
- Working closely with Partners and Directors on business development activities to identify opportunities on existing clients and target opportunities on new clients
- Develop a broad range of internal relationships with our technical specialists and work with them to deliver value to our clients.
Based in Belfast and working within our Northern corporate tax team, you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of listed, inbound, privately owned and private equity backed clients. You will work closely with our directors and partners, playing an important role in helping our clients' realise their ambitions.About the role
You will be expected to deliver UK tax advisory services to local and International groups, effectively managing all aspects of the client relationship as well as managing internal PwC teams including the compliance team. Prior experience of this is essential.
We are looking for individuals who are experienced in dealing with clients and client teams who operate in a number of territories. You will also be expected to show an awareness of wider business and economic issues generally.
The role will be to act as the day to day contact for key client accounts, as well as being responsible for identifying new opportunities to grow our business on new and existing clients. An enthusiasm for business development is key, as well as demonstrable confidence to hold business development discussions with clients. Projects will be varied and wide ranging, from helping structure global expansion to assisting on transactions and helping our clients secure innovation-based tax reliefs.
You will receive full support from the Partners, Directors and peers and from internal technical specialists based in the region and nationally. Why Corporate Tax, Belfast?
Essential skills and experience
- The opportunity to lead the day to day tax relationship with key clients.
- The opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of a market team that is expanding due to new client wins and growth in demand for our services.
- The opportunity to work on a variety of tax technical projects, working with our specialists in innovation and capital incentives, tax risk and governance, transfer pricing and international structuring.
Not the role for you?
- Practice-trained finance professional with a relevant professional qualification (eg ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Relevant post qualification experience of 4 years.
- Experience of advising local and multinational groups on a variety of UK tax matters.
- Proven skills in client relationship management and effectively managing internal teams and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience of client handling and sustaining relationships over a period of time.
- Demonstrating business acumen through having an interest in and understanding of broader UK and global business issues and being confident discussing these issues with a diverse client base.
- Analytical skills and an ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- Evidence of contributing to business development activity and winning new client work.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.