We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.Our Indirect Tax team is market leading, providing advisory services to PwC's largest and most important clients. We advise across all aspects of VAT, with specialists in customs, excise, stamp taxes and environmental taxes. Our team is fueled by curious minds who work together to provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally. As part of the team you'll continue to build your global VAT technical skills as you work with a variety of clients across all business sectors.As part of the team you will experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career, build your global VAT technical skills and experience working on complex and challenging assignments. If you are ready to accelerate your career in indirect tax then this is the opportunity for you.As a Senior Manager, you will work as an integral part of a team of problem solvers, helping our clients tackle their complex issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Essential skills and experience:
- Building relationships with our clients and other internal (UK and global PwC network) teams
- Working alongside others in the Indirect Tax team and other PwC teams to win new clients and work
- Providing innovative solutions and advice aligned to our clients' commercial needs
- Delivery of the highest quality advice to clients
- Managing and helping to develop others in the team
- Working in multidisciplinary Indirect Tax teams (e.g. with customs, legal and systems specialists)
- Keeping up to date with indirect tax legislation and practical changes
- The opportunity to work with senior leaders in our indirect tax practice, who will invest in your development and provide you with access to business mentors to help maximise your potential
Not the role for you?
- Excellent VAT technical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- A commitment to team working
- A commitment to delivering excellent client service
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
- Good self-organisational skills
- Resilience and ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and through virtual networks
- Ability to manage and support junior staff
- A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.