Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
PwC's Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) practice is the market leading AWM audit business. Our business is a national practice comprising over 600 staff with a presence in 12 offices across the UK, and comprises both financial audit and non-audit assurance businesses.Working in AWM will provide opportunities to gain experience working across a variety of clients including FTSE listed, global private companies, private partnerships, funds and Private Equity and Venture Capitalist backed companies. You'll work across a wide variety of industry sectors including, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Pensions, Private Equity, traditional Asset and Wealth management, as well as technology and asset servicing businesses. This breadth of client base gives our people an unmatchable opportunity to gain deep understanding and experience across the whole AWM sector.
As a Manager, you'll lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality audits. You'll gain in-depth knowledge into how businesses run, gain direct access to internal stakeholders and clients and work with an unrivalled range of organisations we audit. A rewarding career path awaits, join our team to develop yourself as a professional and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities available at PwC.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading multi-location teams, using your team and relationship management skills to ensure the delivery of high quality audit work - from planning to completion of an Audit, including the review of financial statements, ensuring that it meets PwC and regulatory standards;
- Building meaningful relationships and demonstrating curiosity that will allow you to have insightful conversations and provide visible challenge during the Audit;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC to help bring insight to the organisations we audit. This includes managing a variety of views and consulting where appropriate;
- Leading on the completion of areas of complex or judgemental audit work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions;
- Managing the financial and resource aspects of Audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout;
- Leading on internal projects supporting PwC and the lines of service, as well as acting as a role model, mentor and coach for junior staff members in your business unit;
- Supporting your team's technical and personal development and identifying where they may require further support; and
- Putting your team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- Experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and international standards on auditing;
- Strong project management skills and experience managing an audit from planning to completion;
- Confident in challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation;
- Ability to establish and nurture positive relationships across all levels - both internally and externally;
- Drives innovative thinking and supports others through change and uncertainty to overcome hurdles;
- Experience encouraging a team environment that promotes collaboration and constructive challenge and has demonstrated the ability to act quickly to resolve team issues and questions; and
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Find out more about our PwC office locations.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.