We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Global Mobility Services (GMS) team helps employers make the most of their biggest asset, their people, by aligning People, Tax and Mobility strategies with business performance. Nationally, our ten Partners and over 500 professionals in the UK provide expert advice and solutions to major organisations in areas including tax, global mobility, payroll, business traveller compliance, remote working, social security and immigration, supported by our global network of 8,900 mobility professionals across 176 countries. Our clients operate in every industry and vary from large established multinationals, to unlisted UK companies taking their first steps into the global marketplace.
Our Business Traveller Services team, within GMS, is vibrant and growing. Despite a global pandemic, significant market demand from our client base to identify and manage the risks associated with business travel in an efficient yet comprehensive way has driven rapid growth in our offering and team.
Due to the significant growth potential of our Business Traveller Services, we created a distinct team, known as an Impact Centre, to focus on supporting clients in this area. The Impact Centre is made up of a core team of approx. 40 based in the UK and a network of global champions in our overseas markets. The advertised role would be based in our core team.
We have tried and trusted solutions to help our clients:
- build their policy and embed their approach in their travel booking process
- gain stakeholder buy in and navigate change
- plan ahead for business trips (and other move types)
- track their travellers and remote workers using our integrated technology and data capabilities
- understand health and safety measures
- assess compliance requirements across immigration, employment and corporate tax, social security and Posted Workers Directive (PWD)
- quickly and efficiently complete compliance and payroll actions leveraging our market leading automation
- access powerful data analytics supporting governance and strategic decisions on how their travel programme can support your Talent, Diversity, Wellbeing and ESG agendas
We currently support 50+ large global organisations with a technology or data enabled business traveller approach.
We have an exciting future ahead as we continue to combine market leading technology with the strength and depth of our technical specialisms across tax, immigration and technology to sell, implement and deliver our products and solutions to leading global organisations.
This role offers the experience of working with global clients and contacts, collaborating to help solve problems and cut through complexity in order to deliver our business traveller solutions. You will be responsible for managing a broad range of stakeholders, both internally across our technical and technology specialisms in the UK and our global network, as well as our client stakeholders.
You will work on a variety of projects and work streams, including, for example:
- business traveller technology implementations,
- business traveller data analysis,
- business traveller governance support, including process mapping and policy drafting,
- supporting all aspects of business development specific to our business traveller offering (creating thought leadership and marketing materials, managing formal proposal processes, managing client demonstrations)
- supporting the Business Traveller Services leadership as we continue to focus on delivering our growth strategy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing a challenging, evolving and varied client portfolio, with excellent opportunities to develop further opportunities with support of Partners, Directors and other mentors.
- Coach team members and drive the team to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic and passionate manner.
- Have an active role in training our junior and senior staff members promoting a learning culture.
- Bring business knowledge, innovation and insight to create value for clients and the firm.
- Embrace the digital transformation being undertaken in our business.
- Directing and driving the commercial success of multiple engagements
- Responsibility for managing within budgetary and time constraints while consistently delivering a strong level of client satisfaction.
- Being part of and contributing to fostering the fun working environment offered by PwC and acting as an advocate to promote our continuous learning culture.
About you - Key skills and competencies:
Not the role for you?
- At least 5 years experience in Global Mobility/Expatriate Tax consulting/Business Traveller services.
- ACA/CTA/ATT or similar professional qualification(or qualified by experience) with a strong academic record.
- Digital mindset - technology and data led solutions are critical to how we deliver effectively and efficiently to our clients so the preferred candidate will ideally have experience in selling, implementing and delivering technology enabled services.
- Technically strong and able to prepare complex written advice and apply critical/analytical thinking.
- Expert at directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Business Acumen - use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the market and utilise this information to assist your clients in making innovative business decisions.
- Relationships - able to rapidly build new client relationships and become a trusted advisor capable of generating new revenue, able to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Creative - demonstrate an ability to contribute to new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic team player and manager with a passion to coach and encourage others to achieve their potential.
- Ambitious - demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Project management experience preferred but not crucial.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.