PwC recently unveiled 'The New Equation', our landmark global strategy which responds to fundamental changes in the world including climate change, technological disruption, fractured geopolitics and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of this bold new strategy, PwC is globally investing $12bn over the next 5 years, creating over 100,000 new jobs with a particular focus on strengthening our ESG capability via an expanded network of centres of excellence. This includes a significant and exciting growth plan for our market-leading UK Sustainability and Climate Change advisory practice area.
The 2020s present a definitive opportunity for the economy and society to transform to Net Zero and discover ESG-led value creation opportunities. Over the past 25 years PwC UK's Sustainability and Climate Change group has developed a market-leading reputation for pioneering the sustainability agenda with business, government and financial institutions. We have expanded to a core expert team of 100 partners and staff collaborating with dozens of additional ESG sector specialists embedded across the firm's five lines-of-service and diverse industry groups. We continue to grow fast, so come be part of it by joining our technical, creative, passionate, friendly and ambitious team to help drive our exciting 'Mission 2030' strategy and play your role in this critical decade-of-delivery. Who we are looking for
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and drive the strategic growth of our PE business within our sustainability and climate change practice. Our practice works with PE clients both in the UK and abroad, and we are specifically seeking outstanding and experienced candidates with strong experience in the areas of responsible investment, in particular ESG integration into the transaction lifecycle (including due diligence), developing ESG strategy.
You will have substantial experience of working in the PE sector and have a strong understanding of the transaction lifecycle. You will ideally also have experience in consulting and be able to operate in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
You will have the ability to travel and to work effectively under pressure as part of a team. Your intellect, enthusiasm, confidence, communication and people skills will all be important factors in finding the right person.About the role
Emphasis is dependent on grade and experience as we are recruiting multiple levels but the role will involve:
Essential skills & experience:
- Play your part in leading our expanding PE sustainability and climate change practice
- Oversee and be accountable for the performance of new and existing projects, staffing, quality, risk and commercial management.
- Develop new business by leading bid teams and market development activities.
- Lead, guide and develop our highly capable core team of experienced professional colleagues
- As a collaborative organisation it is essential that you enhance, develop and manage our extended relationships across the industry
- Strengthen the firm by providing technical and thought leadership in your areas of strength e.g. responsible investment, ESG strategy, climate risk, net zero
- Continuous personal and professional development to maintain an up to date knowledge of the market, industry and topic
- Supporting the development of colleagues through knowledge share, mentoring and coaching
Desirable skills & experience:
- Applicants must have a university degree (preferably at Masters Level) and a background in the fields of business, finance, economics, environmental science/technology, engineering, sustainability, or similar discipline.
- Relevant professional experience of ESG projects in the PE sector supporting both PE houses and portfolio companies
- Business development, commercial acumen and strong programme and/or project management skills;
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong personal initiative, agility and resourcefulness; and
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages is desirable
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- Experience of working in responsible investment, in particular the following areas: ESG due diligence; ESG strategy, frameworks and materiality; climate risk; TCFD assessment, KPI selection and reporting in PE.
- A well-developed personal network and relationships with a range of PE organisations will be an advantage.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.