The Fund Finance Manager
will sit within the Property Fund Finance team and would be responsible for operations of over £30bn of property funds.
This role sits within the Internal Funds team in Property Fund Finance and involves providing accounting, financial reporting and oversight services in relation to property subsidiaries, directly-held UK real estate assets and Annuities funds.
You will be responsible for a team of two: one Senior Associate and one Associate, so you will be required to have experience managing a small team. Main Responsibilities
- Review of quarterly financial reporting and disclosures under IFRS and FRS102 prepared by Senior Associate/Associate and external service providers
- Review of quarterly Solvency II regulatory reporting to the Group
- Review of monthly trial balance reporting and quarterly additional disclosure information under IFRS and FRS102 for submission to the Group for the Annuities funds.
- Review of consolidation reporting
- Overseeing maintenance of books and records for the UK property holdings
- Review of statutory accounts, prepared under local GAAP by external service providers, for companies involved in the holding and management of property assets
- Managing the group and statutory audit processes
- Review of board memos and attendance at board meetings
- Review of monthly/quarterly financial controls and review of quarterly financial data, including challenging numbers and detailed analytical review.
- Review and improvement of existing reporting processes to enhance the robustness of procedures and controls
- Liaison with all parties involved in the end-to-end operating model (property managers, administrators and internal clients) to ensure business processes are designed, implemented and operated to support the requirements of the financial reporting processes.
- Attendance at relationship meetings with service providers to report on any updates or issues
- Provision of transaction support for acquisitions and disposals, including (as applicable): input to legal documentation, input to operating model, determining accounting treatment, and liaising with accounting service provider to on-board the structure and agree reporting deliverables.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Strong technical knowledge of UKGAAP and IFRS
- Statutory financial accounting experience
- Real estate financial accounting experience
- Experience of supervising staff preferable
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand, question and challenge a range of financial data
- Confidence to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external parties
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Excel skills (to advanced level is desirable)
If you have the experience required and you want to fast-track your application, please send your CV to email@example.com.