MANAGER, LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS
CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND LOCATION BASED ENTERTAINMENT
12 MONTH MATERNITY COVER
GLOBAL MULTIMEDIA CLIENT
Our global Entertainment client comprises many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands.
We have a maternity cover role for a Business and Legal Affairs Manager to join the Consumer Products and Location Based Experiences legal team.
This is a key role within the team. You will be a commercial IP or media lawyer who ideally has had some previous management or mentoring responsibilities, although this is not essential.
Your Key Responsibilities:
* managing Business and Legal Affairs Manager(s)
* managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for CP (merchandise, publishing, DTR, content, digital and promotions) and LBE deals globally (liaising directly with VP)
* maintaining relationships internally and externally (i.e. agents and licensees)
* assisting with reports, research, counterfeit sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required
* creating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel's review and approval
* assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects
* assisting other Junior Contracts Managers and Business and Legal Affairs Managers as required; and
* being the point of contact for the BALA team / supervisory role when Senior Counsel and VP not available.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with solid experience in negotiating and drafting a range of commercial agreements as well as a strong understanding of IP law.
The team is high performing yet very supportive. You will be open, approachable and hard-working.
More experienced candidates can consider this role on a part-time basis.