Sheffield, UK, (office based) Annual Salary
Full time Line Manager
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to join a busy team, delivering work with direct financial and operational impact. Day to day, your main responsibilities include
- Processing customer payments
- Posting cheques and banking receipts
- Responding to customer queries
- Acting as a key contact between the Finance and Sales team
- Processing credit card transactions
- Other administrative tasks
You'll be a key member of the Finance team, also covering the Accounts Payable and Credit Control functions during holidays.
To succeed in the role, you will have
- Strong numeracy and attention to detail, spotting mistakes as they arise
- The ability to adapt, multi-task, and learn quickly in a fast paced and changing environment
- A passion for spreadsheets, as we use excel and gsheets a lot
- Great organisation skills - you'll need to be able to juggle lots of different tasks and work out what's really important, as you will have competing demands on your time
- Brilliant communication skills, to help our customers with their queries and to enable you to establish strong working relationships with other Twinklees
- A strong work ethic, take pride in what you do, and be ready to learn new skills
- Positive working attitude
In this role, you will learn
- The opportunity to develop your knowledge within a growing team
- The opportunity to engage with the finance management of Twinkl, as well as internal (e.g. Schools & Cares teams) and external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers, banks)
- Exposure to an entrepreneurial fast-growing business
You'll work with
- Finance team - there are currently 8 of us, a small but well-connected team
- Sales team - a lovely big team, they will be your other main contacts at Twinkl
We're interested in anyone who meets one, or a combination of the following
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of using Sage, Quickbooks, or another accounting software
- Experience in using Excel
- A degree in a relevant subject, AAT, or equivalent
- Positive working attitude and enthusiasm towards learning new skills
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here's a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Colour, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl's Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Plus, Westfield Health, life insurance (after 2+ years service), 29 annual leave days per year (inc bank holidays) & company sick pay.