We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical/3rd Line/ Team Leader to join a blue chip organization in Reading on a permanent basis. This role will be partially remote - 3 days per week in the office and 2 remote.
The 3rd Line Systems Analyst role is to support the IT Operations and Infrastructure for customer networks. As a member of the support and escalation team, you will support and develop our internal and our customers IT Infrastructure. Primarily performing and continually improving BAU support activities including system checks, backup monitoring and resolving support incidents.
Additionally, regularly auditing our technical practices and improving the design of all monitoring systems, architecture and relevant processes to support a Service Centre of Excellence. You will oversee the maintenance and upgrade of systems infrastructure including Servers, associated management systems and other core infrastructure components. To work closely and provide guidance to the Service Desk Team on all technical matters. You will primarily resolve issue remotely as well as attend customer sites, where required.
What we require:
• Provide technical team leadership, 3rd Line support and guidance to the Service Desk Team.
• Audit, document and report on all Internal Infrastructure with the aim to highlight risks and mitigation plans.
• Audit, document and report on all customer Infrastructure with the aim to highlight risks and mitigation plans
• Assist in the interviewing and technical development of new and current team members, in line with the business' strategic product portfolio.
• Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised tickets are responded to within SLA timescales.
• Responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
• Support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.)
• Conduct updates of network asset management register to ensure that any changes to set up, location or configuration of kit is logged in a timely and appropriate manner, where any additional hardware or software is included within the network component inventory.
• Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data as directed.
• MCSE or equivalent
• VCP or equivalent
• CCNA or equivalent
• Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS, Office365, Azure).
• Knowledge of Network technologies (VLANs, Routing, QoS, MPLS)
• Active Directory administration
• Microsoft server products (Exchange, TMG, SQL)
• Symantec & Veeam Backup products
• Previously worked on an IT service desk.
• Previous MSP Experience
• 3+ Desktop, Networking, Server year experience.
• Understanding of ITIL Practices
• 3rd Line Support Experience
• Previous experience managing a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize work under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Ability to communicate and advise technical/service information to different levels.
• Good general overall technical understanding of all new technologies.
• General Support and Operations
• WAN/LAN/Networking skill sets
• Microsoft/VMWare/Cloud technologies
• Good understanding of PC hardware, Microsoft operating systems and networking.
• Good understanding of a service management environment (ITIL)
• Experience with SNMP monitoring products
So if you are a Technical/3rd Line/ Team Leader looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today!