Meraki Talent have been engaged to assist with the onboarding of a Personal Tax Senior/Assistant Manager for their international legal client in Edinburgh. The Company
Our client is one of Scotland's oldest and most well-established law firms. This firm has offices across the world and over 4000 lawyers specialising in several disciplines such as Banking & Finance, Commercial, Environmental, Insurance and many more.
A technology driven firm that embraces new and exciting possibilities for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. They have a bold approach to changing the future ensures that they nurture their employees and constantly recruit top talent. The Role
The role of Personal Tax Senior/Assistant Manager has become available as the business goes through a sustained period of growth across several of its service channels, making this an exciting time to join a leading practice.
As a Personal Tax Senior/Assistant Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Tax. You will be fully responsible for your own caseload, and manage both client and management expectations whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Preparation of tax returns for partners'
- Assisting in the preparing of the LLP tax computation
- Assist with queries from partners tax affairs
- Assisting new partners and partner checklist covering , tax reserves, and dealing with HMRC
- Assisting in partner tax reserves and journals
- Organising tax payments to HMRC
- Tax planning with partners including relief & pension contributions
- Keeping abreast of partner list and ensuring Personal Tax software's are up to date
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries into partners' tax affairs
For the role Personal Tax Senior/Assistant Manager, the below criteria are Essential. Essential Skills/Experience
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- A strong team player
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Minimum 3 years in personal tax
- Good working knowledge of Excel
For further information and a confidential chat regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Dean at Meraki Talent.