By joining Eaton Vance, you'll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!Location:
London, UKGlobal Income Department Description:
Eaton Vance's Global Income Department manages approximately $18 billion across multiple absolute return, fixed income, and equity investment strategies. The group employs a top down, country-by-country investment process that focuses on analyzing the political and economic conditions in countries around the globe. Its funds' investment strategies employ a wide range of financial instruments including sovereign and corporate credit, foreign exchange, interest rate and credit derivatives, commodities, and equities. The department invests directly in almost all global markets, frequently in emerging and frontier markets.Basic Purpose:
The Trading Assistant team provides trading and system support to a small group of investment professionals and serves as the primary point of contact for counterparty, custodial, and fund accountant inquiries.Training and Career Development:
New hires will undergo the Trading Assistant Training Program to assist them in acclimating to their new role within the department, while also providing them valuable resources to further their career. The program will be for one year, with the expectation that the candidate will commit to two additional years as a Trading Assistant beyond the end of the program. During the first few months, the candidate will attend formal training that covers an array of topics. This will include training on the various roles within the Global Income department, trading and settling specific instruments, understanding the various systems used on the trading desk, classes focused on coding, and various other on-the-job training sessions.
New Trading Assistants will also have a rotating mentor and attend lunch & learns offered by Eaton Vance, as well as by others in the Global Income department. The program may provide opportunities to travel based on satisfactory job performance and needs of the department. At the end of the three-year period, and based on job performance, the candidate should expect to continue their progression to complete the CFA, apply for business school, or transition to a new role within the department.Primary Responsibilities:
- Assist traders with pre-trade checks including confirmation of our derivative positions, current cash balances, and available settlement locations.
- Monitor existing positions and coordinate execution with traders and portfolio managers.
- Perform post-trade functions including confirmation and providing allocations to brokers both manually and through electronic platforms.
- Work with our custodians to ensure settlement of trades and communicate with our counterparties to resolve any discrepancies.
- Monitor FX matching and netting. Ensure timely settlement to reduce risk of interest claims.
- Confirm and clear eligible IRS, CDS and NDF positions.
- Assist the trading desk in onboarding new counterparties, markets or trading systems.
- Track currency hedges or trading needs of other EV departments.
- Monitor corporate actions and provide color to portfolio managers to assist in making election decisions.
- Assist with reporting under Dodd Frank and EMIR, as well as confirm compliance with local market regulations.
- Assist with other department projects and functions as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record.
- 1+ years of relevant experience is a plus.
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail.
- High level of efficiency and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated quantitative aptitude.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts through coursework or job experience.
- Long and flexible hours dependent on liquidity of relevant markets.
- Currently working towards a CFA or equivalent designation is a plus, but not required.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the "Company").
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or expression, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110