Scope of Role
- To provide guidance, and input to businesses on AML/KYC matters, management practices and standards to ensure the Bank remains compliant.
- The role cover a variety of complex business units including Corporate Lending, Structured Finance, Development finance and Asset Based/Asset Finance under one division.
- Support all areas of Business Finance through conducting CDD reviews of customers with varying degrees of complexity. This includes completing ID and V checks, basic investigations and writing recommendations to the Head of Financial Crime, Director of Risk and MLRO
- Support the 2nd line financial crime team in the risk framework and policy implementation. This can include preparing cases for escalation forum, supporting and representation in governance forums, producing MI KRI packs
- Being a port of call to the business unit with a personable, can do and professional manner. Training the units to better understand financial crime risk and provide assistance promptly where there is time critical delivery;
- Excellent opportunity to grow into the role and progress over time in an evolving bank.
Personal AttributesQualifications / Certifications
- Undertake CDD analysis in line with documented processes, with thorough completion of ID and V checks, screening and investigation where necessary to create the overall customer risk rating. EDD checks for high risk customers/business as well as for PEPs. Escalate cases for approval where necessary supported with a clear recommendation and justification. This also includes completion of trigger event and periodic reviews. This role will be viewed as a senior position within the FCT team so other team will refer items for specific FC advice and guidance to support junior KYC analyst
- Support best practice in FC compliance across Business Finance through training and oversight of QA outcomes to ensure recommendations are implemented appropriately.
- Ensure Divisional AML procedures are maintained and ensure that they are kept up to date and meet Group Policy.
- Support the delivery of the operational risk framework through regular review of key controls and compliance with financial crime policies, to ensure business areas, operate within risk appetite.
- Assist the Financial Crime Specialist, BF, in identifying the impact of financial crime related regulatory developments, business issues, operational failures and ensure that shared learning is cascaded across the Bank.
- Review of all financial crime related transaction monitoring alert reports and investigate any irregularities, formulating any internal or external reports as necessary.
- Investigate and generate internal Suspicious Activity Reports and where applicable make an external disclosure to the relevant law enforcement agency such as the National Crime Agency or Jersey/Guernsey Financial Crime Unit's in close liaison with Nominated Officer and 2nd line team. This will also include supporting the business in dealing with any law enforcement requests, DAMLS/SARs info required by 2LOD team and also guiding/training the business unit teams
- Represent Financial Crime Team, BF in project and change forums, ensuring Financial Crime risks are considered and appropriate representation/challenge is provided.
- Desirable to hold an appropriate professional qualification (ideally an ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention and/or Anti Money Laundering).
- Degree desirable in STEM, Law and/or Business or relevant work experience
The Business Finance Financial Crime team provides anti-money laundering (AML) and wider anti-financial crime (including fraud, market abuse and bribery & corruption) advice to the Bank
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & SkillsTechnical
- Proven financial crime experience gained within a financial services environment (5 years).
- Successful track record of achievement with financial crime related responsibilities.
- Good product and sector knowledge of the broad financial services regulatory regime.
- Strong operational experience within a business/wholesale banking environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with seniority of all levels in a professional and technical manner
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge and experience in using financial crime industry software solutions
- Knowledge of JMLSG, Financial Crime FCA Handbook and key legislation such as Money Laundering Regulations, POCA and Bribery Act
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills with the ability to articulate complex issues in simplified language for non specialists in concise way
- Ability to work in teams where there is cross disciplinary working such as IT and change and understand how FC can overlap with these departments
- A self-starter; an ability to think on one's feet and deal with unexpected challenges
- Team player skills, i.e. comfortable working with colleagues of all grades and backgrounds
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Calm under pressure, adaptable and agile in approach
- Ability to demonstrate decisiveness and sound judgment on a consistent basis
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude who is passionate and helpful
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills when dealing with challenging situations/stakeholders