We are working with a venture capital fund that invests broadly in the technology sector but focuses on digitalisation and sustainability. Geographically the fund invests across the EU and US, with this role focusing on taking a lead on EU deals. With a ranging portfolio from blockchain, IR 4.0 to up and downstream energy. This fund typically invests $5-$10mn at Series A.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in technology to join the London team in a fund with substantial capital to deploy. You will join a lean investment team, giving you great exposure and ability to take on responsibility early on.
They are looking for a highly independent and motivated individual ideally with a passion for technology and the VC space. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deal Origination: Build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors in your focus geography
- Systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities
- Track and push forward the deal flow generated by the team
- Deal Execution: Drive due diligence processes and critically evaluate management teams, market opportunities, as well as technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities
- Analyse complex capital structures, value start-ups, build financial models to forecast investment returns, and compile and present investment memos to the investment committee
- Support deal execution including oversight of legal matters
- Portfolio Management: Support the senior team with their board governance tasks and help monitor operating milestones in the investment portfolio as well as performance vs. expectations
- A technical background and genuine interest in technology
- Good financial experience, most likely from investment banking, consultancy, technology/start-ups or other relevant sectors.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial mindset
- Intellectually curious and have good interpersonal skills
- Good at working to a high standard to deadlines
- Able to act and think independently
- Manage competing demands and prioritise