Who we are:
Amazon Flex is at the forefront of delivery operations, owning a significant piece of Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery strategy at current & into the future. The Flex model utilizes independent contractors to help fulfill "Ultrafast" customer deliveries including Amazon Grocery, Whole Foods, same day Amazon.com orders and beyond. Our Finance team works closely with Tech, Product & Program Managers to track performance reporting and support analysis for optimization of labor planning, routing & expansion opportunities which help improve customer quality and reduce costs.
With a rapidly expanding team & scope, we are looking for a Financial Analyst who is a creative problem solvers to support our growth while gaining excellent Operations Finance experience. This role will work closely with cross-functional business leaders across the Last Mile org & internal Amazon businesses allowing for future opportunities to rotate and/or expand scope. Be part of the journey in this exciting space and help make history!
As a Financial Analyst, you will own key financial or operating reports along with modeling long range forecasting plans. Additionally you will provide financial analysis for strategic projects or initiatives, partnering with technical product managers, software developers and finance counterparts on a day to day basis. You'll work closely with finance & business leaders across the last mile org, along with product groups such as Prime Now to influence decision-making on these initiatives.
Success in the role:
A successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems, advanced MSExcel functions, and SQL to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations. Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
• Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
• Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• Advanced analytic skills and strong orientation to detail, with a demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models, perform variance analysis, and communicate results clearly
• Strength in structured problem solving and ability to be highly organized
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into the details, and present findings to senior management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.